Thursday, March 22, 2007

Almost a Dollar


I'm almost finished with the left front of my Dollar and a Half Cardigan and all I'll have left is the sleeves--WOOHOO!!

I'm using KnitPick's CotLin in Royal Plum. I love this yarn. It's soft and it's not splitty at all. I had a brief panic attack after I started the back and finished the first lace repeat. It was too small and I decided to frog and go up to the next size. I went to KP's website to order more yarn and it wasn't there! I finally called customer service and was told that even though it's not on the website anymore, you can still order it over the phone. I felt much better after my extra yarn arrived this week.
I don't like the way the shaping looks. It suddenly dawned on me last night that normally you ssk at the beginning of the row and k2tog at the end of the row. The pattern and Veronik's tutorial have you k2tog at the beginning of the row and ssk at the end of the row. I put a post out there to see if anybody else thought the pattern should be reversed but I didn't get a response, so off to the frog pond I went this morning.
I frogged a few rows of the right front and reknit it using ssk instead of k2tog. The good news is that it really doesn't look any different so I don't think I'll frog all the shaping. The bad news is that it really doesn't look any different so I'm still not happy with my shaping.
The more I look at it, the more I think it's the selvedge that I don't like and not the shaping. I hoping that when I sew it all together my issues will be resolved.
This KAL is great! I've been lurking here for a while and I love seeing what everyone else is doing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color of your sweater! I agree about the edges not looking so hot, I hope seaming fixes that!

Carry said...

So, am I seeing it right, did you leave off the cable as well?

It's looking really great... :)

Mary B said...

Wow, you are making great progress. Let us know how the yarn does after you wash it -- linen usually softens up a lot.

I'm getting ready to start my decreases, so I'm glad for your input.

Knitterbug said...

I meant to mention in my post that I left the cable off and I'm doing both sides the same.

Jeri said...

I was so pleased to find your post as I'm thinking of doing dollar and a half in cotlin.