Friday, May 4, 2007

Pattern-matching on sleeves?

Hey all,
I just finished my first sleeve (I started a sleeve as a "swatch") and I am really enjoying the pattern. I'm using Classic Silk by Classic Elite (50% cotton, 30% silk, 20% nylon) in a sort of brown-paper-bag colour. My gauge is not-quite-right, but my sleeve blocked well (no more Michelin man!) and to a size between the smallest and the next one up, which is the perfect size for me. :)
Last night I cast on the back, because I needed some mindlessness, and 2" of ribbing on almost 100 stitches is definitely mindless.

I've just been wondering if the stripes end up matching up at the shoulders? I mean, the sleeve cap is stripey, so is the body, do said stripes match up? I think they should.... I shortened the sleeves (only 2" of ribbing) but because I only took that out of the ribbing, not by eliminating any stripes, it should be okay. I think.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

The stripes on my sleeve matched up. (At least with the back - I did two "cable" fronts instead of one cable and one stripe.) And I did the same as you - only worked 2" of ribbing.

Knitterbug said...

My stripes matched 2 and I did two lace/rev st st fronts. In fact, I found it easier to sew together because I could just match up the stripes and didn't have to pin everything in place.